Sunday, June 8, 2008

It shouldn't have to be said...

I have started this blog to tell about our family life, mostly as an online scrapbook journal.

Today Caleb woke up early. Too early! Joe doesn't get home from work until about 8:15ish, and he brings breakfast home on Sunday mornings. Caleb woke up at 7 wanting to get up and eat. So I turned on cartoons and told him daddy would be home in just a bit with breakfast. Sooo.. fast forward a few snoozes on the alarm clock later.

I am in the family room picking up a bit before Joe gets home and Caleb sneaks into the pantry and gets a pack of raisins. Not normally a problem, he does this a lot.. LOL Usually he will sit at the kitchen table like he is supposed to, BUT this time he goes into my bedroom to watch cartoons again. And comes out 2 min later freaking out, "GET IT OUT!!" I notice that he is running and bouncing in place with his arms flailing everywhere, which is usually his freak out position, and take him seriously. I run to him and stoop down, immediately looking for blood. None found, that's good.. he's breathing, also good. At this point he is pointing to his nose saying its stuck! ... CRAP! LOL! He had a raisin stuck in his nose! So I look and see nothing, so I ask what is stuck (at this point I didn't know he snuck them) and he tells me his raisin.

Well you would think that I would see a raisin in his nose so this has to be WAY up there! I try Joe (he's an EMT), can't get him, try his medic partner, no luck so I start thinking I should just call 911?? until I rememeber all the STUPID calls that they get and decide this would probably be one of them! LOL! So I decide since he is breathing, so it can't be that bad, and Joe should be home any minute.

Finally Joe walks in, and goes into EMT mode when he sees all the commotion, only to laugh at us when he finds out its over a lodged raisin. (I guess after seeing a man hit by a car that day a raisin was a pretty funny thing to see me freak about.) So he plugs the clear nostril and tells him to blow... out flies the raisin. Now you might think at this point my son who is three would be crying because he just had an object stuck, blocking one of his nostrils. NOPE he yells HOORAY my raisin!!! And proceeds to pick it up and start toward his mouth with it! gaah! kids! I promptly take it away, scold him for putting it in his nose, tell him its yucky now and throw it in the trash. *sigh* and this was all before 9am this morning.

So my it shouldn't have to be said for the day is actually a twofer. First: Caleb we do not put raisins or anything else in your nose! Much less shove it as far as you can! and Secondly: We do not eat raisins that have been stuck in your nose!!

LOL really should we have to say these things to our kids?

Previous it shouldn't have to be said's from this week:
Quit licking your DVD and put it in! Actually.. Quit licking the DVD, table, floor, vacuum, wall, sink and especially MY FACE .. am I the only one with a licker?
We do NOT reach in the toilet and touch our poo poo! (gag!)
No you can not go play with that bee, ant, snake, bird.. (you get the point)

I love being a mom.. ROFL

1 comment: